The Canadian temps have started to drop, but not enough to stop us from taking great pics; through successive camera clicks Hans Janzen captures Canadian International Model Theresa Longo… View her new photos in this post!
Retweeting is a key part of the Twitter experience. A retweet (or “RT”) allows Tweeps to share the best links, tweets, and gems they find from others. A general ‘re-tweet- rule of thumb: anything re-tweeted, or shared by anyone becomes viewed by about 1000 people. At least! Bonus points if the re-tweeter has a lot of followers. Here I provide you with the best advice for getting the most out of your Twitter experience – not to mention gaining considerable exposure! Bookmark this page for future reference.
1. Encourage Interaction. Ask your followers a question. Ask them what they are eating/doing/thinking and you are sure to generate responses. Often times, people will re-tweet hugely general items such as ‘What are you doing tonight?’ — because it applies to their own followers as well.
2. Use a good photo that clearly shows Who You Are. Stand strong behing your Twitter image. Consider this your Twitter-Face. Pick a photo that shows mostly your face (if it is a personal account) – or a captivating, eye catching photo if you plan to use the account solely for business. Logos are good. Branding is excellent.
3. Include a link. Link to interesting content, to relevant content or to amusing pieces of info. Even better: shorten the link. You can shorten any long, wordy link here.
4. Leave enough room in the post for retweets. Remember your twitter handle (@theresalongo) will be included in the retweet. Make sure you’ve left enough space. This ties back into TIP #1. Keeping things short and generic increases the chances your message will be picked up and shared by another. The 65 character rule is prime.
5. ALWAYS read into any links you are about to retweet. If you are going to suggest any post to your lot of followers, check it out to make sure it’s legit. There are a lot of bots on twitter who post bogus links. Once I was following this ‘Chef’ who always tweeted things like “Delicious Avocato Sandwich Recipe *link*” or “Homemade Turnovers *link*”- anyway, I never really investigated his links despite making a mental note that they all sound delicious. I once automatically re-tweeted his link to ”Moist Chocolate Fudge Brownies” only to realize in horror upon investigation it definitely wasn’t food he was tweeting about. Thank goodness for the ‘UNDO RETWEET’ option. TIP: You can undo any tweet you have sent by revisiting the original person’s Tweet that you’ve shared.
6. Talk to someone. Social media is one massive conversation occurring with ourselves and with everyone in the room all at once. Reply to someone else’s tweet and be yourself.
7. Know your audience and find out when you get the most exposure. Everyone has a demographic. An example of top times to tweet are 9:00-10:00AM, 3:00-4:00PM, and 7:00-10:00PM. 2 sites to help you work out top tweet times SocialBro and Tweriod.
8. Choose your words carefully. As I mentioned above, keeping Tweets generic and simple is best. Did you know? Certain words get re tweeted more than others. The least retweetable words: game, going, haha, lol, but, watching, work, home, night and bed.
9. Re-Tweet yourself. Obviously exercise moderation – but if you write a Tweet which often applies, favor it. If you aren’t sure how to favor tweets for revisiting later, check out this helpful article.
10. Share other peoples content. Mix it up. You get what you give! Share what you find most interesting or amusing on Twitter and you’ll increase the chances of someone else doing the same for you.
Follow me on Twitter Follow @TheresaLongo
Check back often for more updates here.
If you liked this … have a look at How To Make Your Instagram Photos Pop
Gorgeous city scape shots! Espanglish TV followed these beautiful ladies around locations including Yorkville, Toronto’s beautiful waterfront harbor. Inside this post: Photos atop one of Canada’s landmark buildings ensures an incredible backdrop. See for yourself!
Friday night Monster Energy held a massive house party at the Enemy Lines Mansion. DJ Vinyl Ritchie DJ Illo and DJ Pump kept us moving all night long. There was line dancing, dance-offs, and the Enemy Lines briefcase lined with crisp Treadway notes of “legal tender,” …
1. Always be yourself. If someone else doesn’t like it, who cares baby!
2. Always enjoy life and never take anything personally. Ever. Even if it appears someone insults you repeat to yourself: “it is not so” and smile. Things are not what they seem.
3. Envision your goal. Don’t stop until you get it. KNOW you create your entire world.
4. Always operate from logic and reason, never emotion.
5. Realize your thoughts. Make the most of your time. Use notes and plan.
6. You are always doing exactly what you should be. Always. Remember this often. Take a moment daily to look around yourself and your surroundings, instead of getting lost in never ending thought.
7. Ask yourself often “Who am I?”
8. Maintain a very lighthearted approach to life. Things aren’t always what they seem. This is why is is crucial to your success that you NEVER worry.
9. Encouraging, aiding, and LOVING the success of others also facilitates your own success. Genuinely lift others up when you have the opportunity.
10. You can do it! You can do anything. Know this. Truly.
11. Take care of yourself! Stretch, drink water and get a massage.
Here is a fun lesson in how we perceive reality taken from Buddhist teachings: When you look into a mirror are you looking at your face? The answer is no. You are looking at a mirror. The mirror is simply a reflection, creating an illusion. A mirror is not accurate, nor is it tangibly you. Do not let what you see in the world fool you. Things are not what they seem. This is why, moment by moment, before we consider our automatic response to situations it is important to pause first; to look quietly – in attempt to better understand what it is we are truly seeing. Lastly, every opportunity in your life, every event – is a chance for you to express Who You Truly Are. This is why it is important to be thankful in all situations. Even in the most terrible situations: You are given the chance and opportunity to choose your reaction. Keep this in your mind, and next time you find yourself in a long line up, or running late, choose your reaction for the better – and thank the energy force that allows you to express yourself freely in these situations. Positivity is contagious, and when you dish it out a lot, the Universe has no choice but to keep sending you a lot more of it. The only way you can know this is to practice, and watch how far you soar.
These are all my carry-on must haves. This is where I’ve emptied the contents of my travel bag to show you exactly how to be prepared while travelling. A seasoned traveller, I maximize luggage space. Preparedness is nice, so plan ahead. Give your stuff a once-over to make sure you throw in necessities!
I’d add a ‘Life Factory Water Bottle’ to this list, it did not fit into my purse but definitely worth bringing.
Add your own travel must haves below. Check me out on Twitter … Follow @TheresaLongo & Happy, Safe Travels! ;] ;]
Here are some of the most important things to put in your carry on…
- Sweater – Some air conditioned places can be extremely cold…
- Scarf/ wrap- Perfect for wrapping around yourself or using as a head rest .
- Spare Earrings – You never know when you may need a pair of cute earrings ladies
- Passport + Wallet
- Planner/Agenda/Doodle-Book/ipad – I can’t live without my written planner. I usually pack it along with my ipad for long trips.
- Pen – Handy for sure.
- Ear Buds – Perfect for ipad streaming, or ipod listening.
- Bikini – A must when the sun is shining!
- Hand Sanitizer – Re-apply often!!
- Vichy Capital SPF 60 – I have travel size sunscreens tucked away everywhere. Always use this on your face. Always.
- Lip Balm
- Vitamin Pack – Important for long trips where good, nutritious food might be scarce.
- Disposable Cutlery Pack – You’ll be glad you packed these if you have to eat on the fly.
- Mirror – (With Comb Attached) – This obviously has so many amazing uses.
- Make-Up Bag – Ladies’ major must have!
- Gum – During take-off & landing.
I had the best time at Stillwater Spa. Facials plus Pedi’s with my babe! We did all the summer fun things, shopping in Yorkville, a cruise downtown, and capped it all off with a dinner at Sotto Sotto.
Trattoria Sotto Sotto is one of Toronto’s most magical hideaways bringing the romance of Italy to the heart of the city. We were whisked away to the back room, curtained & tucked off of the large dining room, bathed in pools of candlelight. Florentine frescoes and stonework line the candle-lit grotto where Italian romance radiates from every corner. We sampled anti-pasto, refreshing salads, delicious entrees and an abundance of fresh seafood. The Red Snapper was so yum. I love summer time in Toronto!
Things got “‘NYC Rihanna-kinda-crazy” real fast. Def not allowed to Tweet or talk about the stuff I saw last night after Sotto Sotto.
All I can say is it was an unforgettable night. Big ups to TJ! We know how to shut it down on a Tuesday.
I have a busy couple weeks ahead.
Stay cool, stay hydrated, & enjoy the sun! Live every single day to the fullest!
Follow me on Twitter
I am SO lucky to attend all the NHL home Games this year at Air Canada Center.
If you attend the games you’ll find me modeling with a Ford F150 XLT Supercrew during intermission. I have so much fun at the games!! I am also loving basketball games. A little sad that the Leafs lost for the very first time this season! Hopes remain high.
BIG BIG thank you to Toronto SUN photographer JACK Boland for my spread in The SUNDAY Sun Oct. 16!
Click HERE to view my recent Sunshine Girl Gallery! I have been the SUNshine Girl a total of 10 times.