Event planning is a breeze at theresalongo.com. When it came to planning the tropical wedding of one’s grandest dreams – take on the task on with ease! Sometimes when you know, you know!
To have the most hassle-free wedding, only do what is needed most! The groom can help by joyfully taking care of the majority of the tasks. Having the reception at your home saves on renting a venue. Friends were told to take photos and video and submit them later via WhatsApp. Bonus… a friend on the beach with a Nikon camera offered to take photos during the ceremony – otherwise we didn’t arrange a photographer for the beach.
If you have the connection, hire a top notch photographer for your wedding.
Since so many friends have playlists, phones, USB’s full of music, we didn’t require a DJ for the reception on our property. Sonos and Sirius XM also work great. Apply these wedding planning tips to your own situation and easily plan the wedding of your dreams.
These are all the steps to organize and plan a gorgeous, tropical beachside wedding with absolutely minimal stress! Have the hassle-free wedding of your dreams with these steps…
- Buy the rings! Have the rings ready!
- Location! (We chose our home in Costa Rica; a ceremony on the Pacific Coast with a reception at home )
- Lawyer – Arrange and pay for the lawyer who will officiate the ceremony and do the paperwork.
- Invitations were made and sent out! The date is now 2 weeks away.
- Dress shopping. For brides, find out how to find the best dress in less than 20 minutes!
- Outdoor Reception – a tiki bar was built and a shelter for guests in case of rain.
- Party Shopping – Multiple cases of beer, pounds of rice, a pig for the groom’s family (Costa Rican Wedding Custom), food for kids too. We got bamboo cups, plates, forks, knives etc. Litres of coconut water, alcohol for guests and more food. Party lights were also purchased to string up outside.
- Flowers & Cake! – Two super important things.
- Hire people and acquire help for the party.
- Have someone who has a playlist supply the music!
During a tropical beach wedding the bride can go barefoot and no one will notice.
The day of the wedding – more flowers were gathered for the walkway to the beach and an archway was built on the beach. It was constructed by the groom and his best men. The flowers for the bouquet, the bride’s crown and the grooms flower were all delivered within hours of the wedding and kept on ice due to the hot temperature.
The bride had a hair artist the day of, but did her own makeup. As is custom in Costa Rica, the car was decorated with balloons! The party ended after a few hours to ensure no guests got too out of hand. We continued the wedding party at a local beachside restaurant/club. Finally, the most important thing is your love for each other. It doesn’t matter if you have fine china or arrive to greet your groom in a Ferrari. What matters most is the happiness you share together. One of the biggest ways to having a totally hassle free wedding is when the groom is eager to be active in the wedding planning. I love my King! Cheers.
Enjoy using these tips to have the easiest experience planning your dream wedding!
Comment below your own ways to have a hassle free wedding.